Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Seattle from Kerry Park, Long Dark Winter #7, November 27, 2013

I was inspired by some photos displayed on the PNW Photographer's Facebook page. I have lived in the Seattle area for close to 23 years and had never been to Kerry Park in Seattle. This is now officially on our visitor's list of places to see. What a view of downtown Seattle! So I had the day off and looked at the weather forecast the night before - the situation looked iffy...

I got up at 5:00am and checked all the web cams and weather sites I could find on my tablet. I have to say, webcams are not helpful as far as discerning the cloud cover. I found one TV station that said it was cloudy and another that stated it was clear. I guess I could have gone outside, but it's cold here. So I got up and decided to give it a try. Once I stepped outside my home the sky was clear - great! So off I went to Seattle. I got there early and set up. By the time I took this picture at 6:49am (sunrise was at 7:30am) there was a little crowd of runners and photographers.

So here is the shot:

F69A8653SpaceNeedle1c

It is a series of 5 pictures taken with my Canon 5D Mark III and my new EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS lens (love this lens!) @ 70mm, f/6.3, ISO 100, and shutter speeds of 1/6, .4, 1.0, 2.5, and 6 seconds. I processed in Lightroom 4 and did the HDR in Photomatix Pro 4.2, blended it all together in Photoshop CS6.

No comments:

Blog Archive