Monday, August 8, 2011

Blue Angel, August 7, 2011

BlueAngel_1449

Canon 7D, EF 70-200 f/4 L @ f/4, ISO 100 1/3200 sec.
Oh how I hate this camera. Let this image count the ways. I have had the 7D for about 2 weeks now and it really disappoints me. Images are just terrible with all kinds of noise, even at ISO 100. I had to create a layer and blur the sky on this shot because the noise was so bad.
It was nice to see the Blue Angels, walked out on the I-90 bridge to watch. Fun... Lat/Long: 47.5897, -122.2554

Update 11/25/13: For comparison here is the original shot... Maybe I darkened the shot above too much but what set me off was the low quality of the sky. I really thought it looked like a bunch of pebbles. And I was experienced in taking sky shots. With my 20D I was an obsessive sensor cleaner, so I was always taking shots of the blue sky to check for sensor dust. Thankfully I have gotten over that. I don't remember the last time I cleaned my sensor and have not noticed it. Shortly after this set of shots, I sold the 7D and purchased a used 1D MkIIn and a used 5D. The IQ was so much better on those cameras than with the 7D. It was not even close. And those 2 cameras cost me a little more than what I got for the 7D. For a nice sky, see this shot from the 5D I purchased here...

BlueAngelOriginal_MG_1449

No comments: