Thursday, February 14, 2008

#16 High Key Alpental Skier

IMG_0344-Skier-at-Alpental-533-by-800

Alpental, Summit at Snoqulamie, Washington, USA.

I took this picture from Edelweiss Chair as the skier was coming down Gunmont. It was snowing really hard. I photoshoped the picture to bring out more detail than the original. The trees in the background were not really that visible.

Photoshop: Heavy curves and channel mixer in monotone. Original picture was very dark. Basically used channel mixer in monotone mode as a highlight/shadow adjustment to bring out the trees which were almost invisible - that is why the sky is blown out. Maybe I need to go back and do a gradient filter to tone the sky down... But I like it.

Update: I thought I would post the original shot. Here it is...


Alpental-Skier-High-Key-034

No comments:

Blog Archive